Project European Robotic Surgery (EuRoSurge) is a Coordination and support action funded by the European Commission in the FP7-ICT-2011-7. Project duration: 1 October 2011 – 31 September 2013.
This Coordination Action aims at developing a conceptual integration platform for Computer and Robot Aided Surgery (CRAS) research and manufacturing, based on the following actions:
- Identification of the key European players in surgical robotics, (both technological players, skilled end-users and EU funded projects);
- Identification of the key European players in cognitive sciences relevant to surgery;
- Creation of a glossary/ontology for cognitive surgical robotics;
- Specification of a reference architecture for cognitive surgical robotics;
- Formulation of procedures for validation of surgical robots and their modules;
- Identification of non-technical roadblocks, e.g. patents, ethical and legal aspects.